Sunday, October 04, 2009

Principles and Practices - October 5

A Reflection

Let the reader thus muse within himself: God knows me, singly and individually, just as truly, just as intimately, as though He knew no other and loved no other. He loves me no whit less because He loves millions besides me.

He loves me because He has made me; because His own divine image - the image of the ever-Blessed Trinity - is indelibly impressed upon me; because He has adorned and enriched my soul by His heavenly grace, transforming it into a thing of I extreme loveliness and exquisite splendour.

-Vaughan.
_________________
From Principles and Practices
Compiled by Rev. J. Hogan of The Catholic Missionary Society
Published by Burns Oates & Washbourne Ltd., Publishers To The Holy See
Nihil Obstat; Eduardus J. Mahoney, S.T.D. Censor deputatus.
Imprimatur; Edm. Can. Surmont, Vicarius generalis.
First printed in 1930

No comments: