Sunday, November 01, 2009

Principles and Practices - November 2

Jesus and the Father Are One

By Jesus the believer is also united with the Father, for the Father comes with Jesus to abide in the soul of the just who keeps God's commandments by love.
'He that hath my commandments and keepeth them; he it is that loveth Me. And he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father: and I will love him and manifest Myself to him....If anyone love Me, he will keep My word. And My Father will love him: and We will come to him and will make our abode with him.'
-P. Pourrat.
_________________
From Principles and Practices
Compiled by Rev. J. Hogan of The Catholic Missionary Society
Published by Burns Oates & Washbourne Ltd., Publishers To The Holy See
Nihil Obstat; Eduardus J. Mahoney, S.T.D. Censor deputatus.
Imprimatur; Edm. Can. Surmont, Vicarius generalis.
First printed in 1930

No comments: