Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Principles and Practices - November 25

LET ME SEE HIM IN THINGS

When I see in things that which leads to God, I see the truth. For this true, this entirely true, side of creatures is that which glorifies God, since that is its essential destiny and the fundamental reason of its existence. The whole constitution and properties of beings are ordained and disposed to procure the glory of their Author. The great and full truth of things is their aptitude for revealing the greatness of God. When I see them in this light, I have the truth, which is the law and the life of my mind.

-Tissot.
_________________
From Principles and Practices
Compiled by Rev. J. Hogan of The Catholic Missionary Society
Published by Burns Oates & Washbourne Ltd., Publishers To The Holy See
Nihil Obstat; Eduardus J. Mahoney, S.T.D. Censor deputatus.
Imprimatur; Edm. Can. Surmont, Vicarius generalis.
First printed in 1930

No comments: