Sunday, December 06, 2009

Patience - December 6

Patience
Thoughts on the Patient Endurance of Sorrows and Sufferings

VIA CRUCIS


The path of life is rough and stony. Sharp flints and hidden thorns are thickly strewn upon its surface, wounding our weary feet as we toil ever onward and upward toward our heavenly home.

Does our courage fail, do our hearts grow faint? Do our aching eyes look sadly upon that broad and tempting way, so bright, so pleasant, so attractive to our senses - but which we know would lead us on to destruction?

Then, turn to Christ as He hangs upon the cruel gibbet with outstretched arms and bleeding hands. Passio Christi, conforta me. Passion of Christ strength­en me, for the way is long and weary; comfort me as I fight my way along the path of life safely to the haven of Thy Sacred Heart; comfort me in that last dread hour of summons to Thy feet.
____________________
Compiled and Edited by Rev. F. X. Lasance
Author of "My Prayerbook," etc.
1937, Benziger Brothers
Printers to the Holy Apostolic See

No comments: