Friday, August 20, 2010

An Easy Way to Become a Saint - August 20

Continued from yesterday...

Chapter 5. The Passion

What the Saints say

a) The Saints say that five minutes' prayer in honor of the Passion is of greater value than many hours spent in other devotions.

b) St. Alphonsus says that all the Saints became Saints by devotion to the Passion and that there was no saint who had not a great love of the Passion.

c) Devotion to the Passion gives intense pleasure to Our Lord. Want of devotion to the Passion wounds His Sacred Heart most deeply.

d) Our Lord said to St. Bernard, "I will remit all the venial sins and I will no more think of the mortal sins of those who honor the grievous wound on My right shoulder, which caused Me unutterable pain when bearing My heavy Cross to Calvary: We honor this wound by saying the Fourth Sorrowful Mystery of the Rosary.

e) Our Lord promised St. Gertrude that He would protect, most especially in the Judgment, those who make loving reparation to Him for the insults, outrages and blasphemies heaped on Him in His Passion. This we can do by offering to Our Lord all the offenses, slights and humiliations we may have to bear.

f) Our Lord said to St. Mechtilde: "Those who thank Me for the awful thirst I endured in My Passion I will reward as if they had assuaged My thirst on the Cross."

"And those who thank Me for having been nailed to the Cross for love of them I will reward as if they had taken Me down from the Cross."

We can do this by saying the Fifth Sorrowful Mystery of the Rosary.

[Continued tomorrow]
_________________________
From An Easy Way to Become a Saint
by E. D. M. (1949)
The Catholic Printing Press
Lisbon, Portugal
With Ecclesiastical Approbation
13th June 1949

No comments: