Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Prayers & Reflections for December 28

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

Chapter IV
Reflections on Prayer


Our Lord is walking through the world in disguise: as a soldier, as a tramp, as aneighbor, as a passer-by, as a child, as aparalytic, as the blind, as the deaf.

It is not for me to inquire whether they are worthy or not. That judgment belongs to God.

It is sufficient to know that they are creatures of God: "'For I was hungry and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger and you took me in; naked and you covered me; sick and you visited me; I was in prison and you came to me'" (Matt. 25: 35-36).

Then the just will answer him, saying" "Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and feed thee; or thirsty, and give thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and take thee in; or naked, and clothe thee? Or when did we see thee sick, or in prison, I and come to thee?"

And the King answering shall say to them, "Amen I say to you, as long as you did it for one of these my least brethren, you did it for me" (Matt. 25:35-40).

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: