Monday, May 09, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for May 9

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

CHAPTER XII
Occasional Prayers


NIGHT PRAYER

Before I go to sleep I want to thank Thee for keeping me safe during this day. What a good Father Thou art to me; I only ask that I may truly be Thy son! Give my body, please, the repose that is necessary, but, even more, may my soul have the assurance that it is at peace with Thee.

Bless those who are dear to me, and may we find ourselves joyfully together when my service shall be finished. May my country know the Gospel through which comes liberty and greatness.

- From a French Soldier's Prayer Book.


[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: