Thursday, November 30, 2006

Great Weather in St Louis - Freezing Rain, Sleet and Snow

Just days ago temperatures were in the mid to upper 60's and low 70's...It was so warm over the weekend I was surprised to notice that I was starting to sweat while putting up more Christmas lights...

We were able to leave work early today since sleet was building up on the roads. And, of course, there were the usual clowns driving as if the roads were dry, passing those cars which were traveling at a safe speed. And it was no surpise to see them spin out and run off the road.

Anyway, forecasters are predicting 4-8 or more inches tonight on top of the icy roads - always great for driving...So it might be time to stoke up the fireplace, grab a glass of merlot and follow the Holy Father's visit to Turkey on EWTN - I have to pass on the Novena of the Immaculate Conception tonight at St Francis de Sales since it's about 40 miles from the house.

I do love a big snowfall, especially the first snowfall of the season - as long as I don't have to go to work or be on the road. And this reminds me - I need to load the sandbags in the bed of the truck tonight before it gets too late.

And from what I'm hearing, from central Missouri to Chicago, someone is in for a boatload of snow - maybe 1 to 2 feet...!

And since we have several hours of sleet and snow ahead, please keep the travelers and the homeless in your prayers. may our Lord keep them all warm and safe.

No comments: