Friday, December 01, 2006

Mental Prayer for the First Saturday of December

First Joyful Mystery (Annunciation)
The Hail Mary


Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: Understanding of this great prayer.

Hail Mary... These are the words of the angel's greeting to you... I repeat them... I say "good morning" to you... knowing that you are listening... May my prayer be pleasing to you.

Full of grace... grace makes us like God... you are full of grace... as much like God as you possibly can be... help me to become spiritually "graceful."

The Lord is with thee... because you are pleasing to Him... because you are full of grace... I will always find Him if I turn to you... for He is always with you... Please help me to stay with you both... always.

Blessed art thou among women... "blessed" means happy... you are surely the happiest of all women... because you are the closest to God... Help me to understand that lasting happiness and joy can be found only in God.

And blessed is the fruit of thy womb... how happy anyone would be to have you for a mother... yet you are my mother... for you were given to me by... Jesus... God and Man... your Creator and your Son... who came as King to rule my life... Help me to obey His commands and follow His advice.

Holy Mary... sinless Mary... all-pure Mary... most powerful Mary... help me... to be a little like you.

Mother of God... mother of Christ... mother of divine grace... my mother... never turn away from your children, but...

Pray for us... for us... in our place... be our substitute... for us... all of us... all Catholics, all who need your help... for we are all...

Sinners... who have failed your Son so often... help us...

Now... for we are weak at every moment... help us today, tomorrow...

And at the hour of our death... stand by our cross as you stood by that of your Son... help us to die in God's favor... and come to life without end.

Amen... please, may it be so !

Thought for Today: Mother of God, pray for us!
_________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: