Saturday, November 01, 2008

Just for Today, November 2

Lord, I offer to Thee all my sins and offences, which I have committed in Thy sight and that of Thy holy angels, from the day that I was first capable of sin until this hour, upon Thy propitious altar, that Thou mayest burn and consume them all with the fire of Thy charity, and mayest remove all the stains of my sins, and cleanse my conscience from all offences, and restore to me Thy grace, which I have lost by sin, by fully pardoning me all, and mercifully receiving me to the kiss of peace.
-Bk. IV, ch. ix.
_____________

You, who gave me leave to offer myself up to God, know what a flood of grace has poured into my soul from the time of my oblation. Since June 9, 1895, Love has surrounded me on all sides; at every moment of the day the merciful Love of God renews me, purifies me, and leaves no trace of sin on my soul.

I cannot bring myself to fear Purgatory; I know that I am not worthy to enter that place of expiation with the Holy Souls, but I also know that the fire of love is more sanctifying than that of Purgatory, that Our Lord does not want us to suffer needlessly, and that He would never inspire me with desires that He does not intend to fulfil.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme).
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: