Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Just for Today, November 6

Above all things, and in all things, do thou, my soul, rest always in the Lord, for He is the eternal rest of the saints. Because, indeed, my heart cannot truly rest, nor be entirely contented, till it rest in Thee, and rise above all Thy gifts, and all things created.
-Bk. III, ch. xxi.
______________

My will, may all, I do resign
Into Thy hands, which feed
My soul with hidden manna sweet,
Fulfilling all my need.
One look from Thee is my reward,
Thou knowest what is best;
And, safe within Thy arms, my soul
Shall sleep and take her rest.

-Poems.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: