Friday, February 25, 2005

Dominicans Under Fire in Oakland

Editor's note: The following story was to appear in our February issue. The day before deadline, however, I received a call from a Dominican priest asking me to pull the story. The priest told me he could give me information that would put the situation at St. Albert's Priory in perspective. I agreed I would at least hold the story for another month and arranged to talk with the priest in about a week and a half. When that time expired, I thrice called the priest, leaving messages both where he carries out his apostolate and at the Dominican house. After about a week, the priest contacted the Faith's publisher with a message that Dominican superiors directed him to refer me to Dominican spokeswoman Carla Hass. Calls to Hass went unanswered.
The story is here.

No comments: