Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Guesss what, folks...It's Wednesday's "Town Talk"

Irish boycotter

TODAY IS March 11. It's 10:15 at night and I'm watching Channel 4 news and I hear the grand marshal for the St. Patrick's Day parade is going to be Archbishop Raymond Burke. I was planning to attend the parade because I have Irish roots, but now that I've heard this, I'm not going to the parade. Any organization that would honor Raymond Burke as a Catholic, as a leader, as a person of the people, is wrong in my book. That man has done everything in his power to take away the faith from the small neighborhoods.
It's a shame you didn't go...you were sorely missed - everyone was asking where you were...

And they say that the "moronsamongus" is extinct!
Save the Carondelet parishes

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT it is that Archbishop Burke is closing St. Boniface and St. Mary and Joseph churches. It will greatly affect our Carondelet Ecumenical Council of Churches. It sponsors ecumenical Lenten services and weekly services for men and women. As a delegate from a Protestant church for over 30 years, I feel there will be no representation for the Catholic Church. I am very sad about this. Our family care and our meals on wheels were born in these meetings, as was our Christian unity week dinner. Please, Archbishop Burke, reconsider. At least keep open St. Boniface. We will welcome them at any of our many Protestant churches in Carondelet.
This man needs a subscription to the St. Louis Review!

Source.

No comments: