Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A Response to St Stanislaus Spokesman, Mr. Bach

This response comes from Ewa Dyk, who is one of the signatories to the Appeal Letter at the top of the page. I reformatted it slightly foes ease of reading on the web page.
I am responding to An "Interesting Conversation"with Polish STL(R.Bach?) and I must say that after reading Mr. Bach's comments regarding our group of parishioners from St. Stanislaus Kostka Church in St.Louis, I felt as much amused as I felt flattered.

One cannot treat seriously the merits of his arguments. On the other hand, it is very flattering to hear from a native speaker of English that our letter, from foreign born parishioners, is so compelling that he refuses to believe its origin. We passed the ultimate test of proficiency in the English Language, I guess. Thank you Mr. Bach.

Ewa Dyk

P.S.
This message is for Mr. R. Bach: We will be happy to help you in the art of letter writing in English.
To quote Bill O'Reilly, "What say you, Mr. Bach?"

Source.

No comments: