Sunday, January 22, 2006

A reader is looking for a good St. Louis parish

A reader who may be relocating back to St. Louis after having been gone for several years asks:
We will probably live in the city or close, say U City, Clayton, Richmond Heights, Brentwood, etc. My question to you is, do you have any parish recommendations both to avoid and to look into?

I will be looking into the Oratory [St Francis de Sales], but my wife likes the vernacular Mass and we need to find a good parish.
I am quite certain that there are a number of faithful, orthodox parishes which would be ideal for a Catholic moving to the area. Since I do not know, I don't feel that I can provide a well-informed recommendation.

The first on my list of parishes to look into would be the Cathedral. What a blessing it must be to be able to attend Holy Mass at the Cathedral on a regular basis. (And all of us are aware of the holy and reverent Masses at St. Francis de Sales, which the reader duly notes).

Any and all recomendations would be greatly appreciated. Please post a comment or an email if you can help out. I would presume that a parish that is orthodox will also be free from liturgical abuses. Thanks for any help that can be provided!

No comments: