Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Town Talk Jan 25

St. Stan fan

I HAD THE opportunity to attend 9 o'clock Mass at St. Stanislaus Church this past Sunday. Being a life-long Catholic I never had an experience like I had at this church with this priest and so many different religions in attendance was wonderful. It was a treat of a lifetime for me being Catholic and I intend to go there as many times as I can.
It's a strange phenomenon that a "life-long Catholic" would, in defiance of Archbishop Burke's admonition, attend Mass at St Stanislaus. There is no ambiguity in the words from the Archbishop...:
The faithful who approach a schismatic priest for the reception of the sacraments, except in the case of danger of death, commit a mortal sin.

All of the faithful of the archdiocese should guard against any participation in the attempt to celebrate the sacraments or sacramentals at St. Stanislaus Kostka Church.

Also, they should caution visitors and others who are unaware of the status of St. Stanislaus Kostka Parish, lest they unknowingly participate in the schismatic acts. (emphasis mine)
...What then drives a person to proceed in such a sinful manner?


Link

No comments: