Thursday, March 09, 2006

St Francis de Sales Oratory

I had meant to write about my attending Holy Mass on Ash Wednesday at the Oratory - the Latin Mass. From the moment I stepped into the church, I knew I had left the outside world and was now in the very vortex of that juncture where the eternal and the world meet. I had entered a church which was like a cathedral. The stained glass windows of saints was magnificient. I was told that it was a beautiful church but I had no idea. And it was obvious that all glory and honor was directed to our Lord, reserved in the Most Blessed Sacrament - the center of one's life and the center of this building designed and maintained for His worship and adoration.

This is what I saw as I entered:

This photo and more of St. Francis de Sales Oratory can be seen at Rome of the West. Marcus Scotus has many excellent pictures of various churches in the area - I hope he can get more of this beautiful oratory. It's been a while since I have seen so many stained glass windows and such ornate and beautiful architecture. I must say that it is a "Must See" when in St Louis.

No comments: