Sunday, June 18, 2006

Mental Prayer for June 19 - Just the Two of Us

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Myself: Lord, I want to consider the most valu­able minutes of my day, my week. Surely, that is the time I spend with you, closest to you. You come to me in Holy Communion. Here we are closer than any other people could possibly be. I, so in need of help in my life, so much wanting to spread your kingdom to others too... plus you, loaded with gifts, asking me to serve you loyally.

Christ: Yes, I want to be your partner. I want you to succeed; I want to help you succeed. Calvary was one proof of my interest in you. At each Holy Communion I prove again this interest.

Myself: What a chance, Lord, to get to know you.. to thank you... to ask your help for myself, for my family and friends, for the Church, for all who do not know you. And so often I spend this time thinking about my sore knees, breakfast, a ball game, the night before.

Christ: I said I was interested in you... even in everything that you do. I like to hear these things too. Tell me if you won the ball game. I have something to do with all your actions, all your life. That's how our friendship grows. I'm glad to listen to you and to all your personal affairs, and then I'll have something to tell you about myself, my affairs, my hopes for you and your life with me.

Myself: Yes, Lord, I think I see. Surely this is a great chance for me, for our friendship. Things I did, things I didn't do - these we can talk about when we next meet.

Thought for Today: "...He lives in me, and I in Him."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: