Friday, September 01, 2006

Mental Prayer, First Saturday of September

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

First Saturday of September
Fifth Glorious Mystery (Mary's Queenship)

The Fatima Story


Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Dear Christ, grant me the grace to understand and fulfill your Mother's requests at Fatima.

Mental Picture: Portugal in 1917... a quiet country hill... three young children shepherds kneeling... two little girls (Lucy and Jacinta) and a little boy (Francis)... before them a lovely Lady... clad in snow-white garments... surrounded by heavenly light... a rosary in her hands... her heart pierced by cruel thorns... her eyes sorrowful and loving... her message: prayer and sacrifice for sinners and for world peace.

My Personal Application: Do I know what prac­tices are required by the First Saturday devotions? Confession, Communion, Rosary, 15-minute mental prayer on one or more mysteries of the Rosary - all with the intention of making repara­tion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Do I practice this devotion devoutly and regularly? Do I say my Rosary often for sinners? For world peace? Do I add after each decade the ejacula­tion which Mary taught the children at Fatima? ("O my Jesus, forgive us, save us from the fire of Hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of your Mercy"). Do the thorns wounding Mary's heart suggest to me a few extra aspirations during the day or perhaps the sacrifice of a snack or soda?

I Speak to God: Dear Lord, teach me the impor­tance of your Mother's message in my life. Give me the generous spirit of prayer and sacrifice which she asks of me at Fatima. I want to pray and make sacrifices, to make up for my own and others' sins, and to do my part for world peace.

Thought for Today: "Immaculate Heart of Mary, be my salvation."
__________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)


-------------------------

Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, I adore You profoundly and offer You the most Precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the earth, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges, and indifference with which He Himself is offended. And through the infinite merits of His Most Sacred Heart and of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of You the conversion of poor sinners."

No comments: