Monday, April 09, 2007

Mental Prayer for Easter Tuesday-Apparition to Mary Magdalene

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: May I show my true friendship for Christ by rejoicing with Him in His great victory and joy.

Mental Picture (cf. John 20:11-17): A young lady distracted with grief wanders through a cemetery garden... it is Mary Magdalene. Her sorrow leads her again to the cold opening of the empty tomb. "They have taken away my Lord." Suddenly there is a stranger near her; she supposes he's the gardener. But He says, "Mary." She looks up and recognizes the living Jesus! In complete joy she falls at His feet; "Master!"

My Personal Application: Today, truly Christ is alive; He is victorious; He is the conqueror of sorrow and death; He is filled with joy. Can I find it in my heart to rejoice and be glad with Him? Can I forget my own little sorrows and sufferings enough to rejoice just because He is joyful, because He has won His great victory?

I Speak to Christ: My joyful Savior, Mary Magda­lene showed that she really loved you, because she could forget her own sorrows when she saw that you were risen in victory. She could be glad just because you were joyful. Teach me to have such love; make me often think: "Christ has overcome the world; Christ is gloriously risen." May the thought of your victory help me forget my own troubles and rejoice with you.

Thought for Today: "Rejoice, I have overcome the world.'
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: