Friday, January 11, 2008

Just for Today, January 12

Take it not to heart when thou art forsaken by a friend; knowing that one time or other we must all part.
-Bk. II, ch. ix.
___________________

About that time I chose two little girls of my own age as friends, but, alas, how fickle are human hearts! One of them returned home and was away for several months; I did not forget her and welcomed her back lovingly, only to receive a casual glance. I was deeply hurt, and resolved not to play the part of a beggar for so inconstant an affection.

However, God has endowed me with a faithful heart, which once given is never taken back, so that I still love my school-fellow and pray for her.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: