Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just for Today, March 28

O faithful soul, prepare thy heart for this thy Spouse, that He may vouchsafe to come to thee and well in thee. For so He saith: If any man love me he will keep my word, and we will come to him, and we will make our abode with him (John xiv, 23).

Make room, then, for Christ within thee, and deny entrance to all others.
-Bk. II, ch. i.
_________________

The fox goes somewhere safe to earth,
The linnet has her nest,
The Son of Man can find nowhere
To lay His head and rest:
My heart shall be Thy resting-place,
My love shall welcome Thee,
Thou shalt forget man's cold neglect
In me, Thy Bethany.

-Poems
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: