Monday, March 24, 2008

Meditation for March 25, Tuesday After Easter

Peace Be With You
Each time Our Lord appears after the Resurrection, it is to bring His peace and establish it in the hearts of men. To live the spirit of Easter I must:

I. Work for Peace in Myself
At Baptism, I received the command to live in serenity and holy joy, That she may be joyful in serving Thee in Thy Church the priest said in making me a child of God.

This peace, this holy liberty of the children of God, is exactly what Our Lord came to bring me together with those supernatural gifts which are its prerequisites. Can divine joy be wanting to those who possess the charity of Christ?

And then, Our Lord has prayed that I possess peace; Pacem relinquo vobis, non quomodo mundus dat. It is not the peace of the world, but the joy and peace of God's love, of serenity of con­science, and of the happiness of being a child of the Father and the consecrated spouse of Jesus.

II. Work for Peace in My Neighbor
In the community, first of all, I must never do anything that would dampen the good spirit, but keep my troubles and appre­hensions to myself and radiate in the community only what is helpful, elevating and inspiring. That is a negative but an im­portant resolution.

From a positive point of view. I will always try to give moral and supernatural support to my family, by pleasing, comforting and encouraging them.

If I have contact with the world, it should sense in me heavenly serenity and divine peace.

And I will not forget to think of the world, of all those troubled souls who are going astray, and are losing the correct outlook on life. I will pray for them that they may have peace. I will pray for all those who dream of wars and who involve the world in bloodshed. "Ah! preserve us, O Lord, from pest, hunger, and above all, from war." A peste, fame, et bello.
_________________
Adapted from Meditations for Religious
by Father Raoul Plus, S.J. (© 1939, Frederick Pustet Co.)

No comments: