Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just for Today. April 23

Lift up therefore thy face to Heaven. Behold, I and all My saints with Me, who in this world have had a great conflict, do now rejoice, are comforted now, are
now secure, are now at rest, and they shall for all eter­nity abide with Me in the kingdom of My Father.

-Bk. III, ch. xlvii.
_______________

O my Jesus! I will fight for the sake of Thy love until the evening of my life. As Thou wouldst take no rest upon earth, I will follow Thy example, so that I may deserve to see Thy promise fulfilled in me: If any man minister to me, let him follow me; and where I am, there also shall my minister be. If any man minister to me, him will my Father honour (John xii, 26). To abide with Thee and in Thee, that is my one desire; the assurance Thy words give me enables me to endure this exile, until I see Thee face to face for all eternity.

-Prayers
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: