Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just for Today, August 27

Why wilt thou put off thy resolutions from day to day? Arise, and begin this very moment, and say: Now is the time for doing and now is the time to fight; now is the proper time. to amend my life.
-Bk. I, ch. xxii.
____________

Marie had taken Pauline's place; every evening I listened eagerly to the beautiful things she told me. Her great and generous heart seemed to pass into mine. As warriors of olden times taught their children the use of arms, so she taught me how to fight life's battle, arousing my enthusiasm and showing me the path of victory. She spoke of the spiritual riches it is so easy to amass day by day, and how foolish it would be to trample them underfoot, when one only has to stoop and pick them up.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme).
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: