Thursday, January 14, 2010

Principles and Practices - January 15

God's Patience

If I have anything to reproach Thee with, it must be the excess of patience wherewith Thy goodness has borne with me unto this day. What, then, shall so miserable a creature ask of Thee? I will venture, Lord, to address to Thee the prayer of St. Augustine: 'Give me something to give Thee, so that I may discharge a portion of the immense debt I owe Thee. Remember that I am Thy creature, and make me to know my Creator, in order that I may love Him.'

-The Spirit of St. Theresa.
_________________
From Principles and Practices
Compiled by Rev. J. Hogan of The Catholic Missionary Society
Published by Burns Oates & Washbourne Ltd., Publishers To The Holy See
Nihil Obstat; Eduardus J. Mahoney, S.T.D. Censor deputatus.
Imprimatur; Edm. Can. Surmont, Vicarius generalis.
First printed in 1930

No comments: