Thursday, January 13, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for January 13

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

Chapter V
Looking Into My Soul


How do I stand in relation to myself?

What kind of thoughts and desires possess my soul?


Do I realize that if it is wrong to do a certain thing, then it is wrong to think about that thing? That the way to keep my actions clean is to keep my thoughts clean?

That it is not when the act has been committed that the danger to the soul begins, but when the thought has been freely and favorably accepted by my will?
"Do you know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them mem­bers of a harlot? By no means! Or do you not know that he who cleaves to a harlot, becomes one body with her? 'For the two,' it says, 'shall be in one flesh.'...
(continued tomorrow)

_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: