Sunday, January 16, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for January 16

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

Chapter V
Looking Into My Soul



How do I stand before God in my deeds?

Do I sin by omission?

Do I fail to be charitable to those who need my help, to edify by good example, to pray, to diffuse God's truth, to prevent scandal?

"What will it profit, my brethren, if a man says he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him?" (James 2:14).

"What, shall your brethren go to fight, and will you sit here?" (Num. 32:6).

"I would that thou wert cold or hot. But because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I begin to vomit thee out of my mouth" (Apoc. 3:16).

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: