Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for January 18

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

Chapter V
Looking Into My Soul


What sins do I actually commit?

Am I guilty of any of these sins which manifest that I live not by Christ, but by the flesh:
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are fornication, uncleanness, immodesty, luxury, idolatry, witchcrafts, enmities, contentions, emulations, wraths, quarrels, dissensions, sects, envies, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like. Of which I foretell you, as I have foretold to you, that they who do such things shall not obtain the kingdom of God" (Gal. 5:19-21).
Do I say "I want to be good, dear Lord, a little later on, but not now"?
"Watch ye therefore, for you know not when the Lord of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at cockcrow, or in the morning; lest coming on a sudden he find you sleeping. And what I say to you, I say to all, 'Watch'" (Mark 13:35-37).
[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: