Saturday, April 30, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for April 30

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

CHAPTER XII
Occasional Prayers


PRAYER TO DO GOD'S WILL

Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of Thee; Thou only knowest what I need; Thou lovest me better than I know how to love myself. O Father! give to Thy child that which he himself knows not how to ask.

I dare not ask either for crosses or consolations: I simply present myself before Thee, I open my heart to Thee. Behold my needs which I know not myself; see and do according to Thy tender mercy.

Smite, or heal; depress me, or raise me up: I adore all Thy purposes without knowing them; I am, silent; I offer myself in sacrifice: I yield myself to Thee; I would have no other desire than to accomplish Thy will. Teach me to pray. Pray Thyself in me. Amen.

- BISHOP FENELON.

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: