Sunday, July 29, 2012

Book 1. Meditation, Prayer, and the Particular Examen, 7/29

EFFICACY OF PRAYER

Ask, and it shall be given unto you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you. -Matt. vii. 7.

How much more will your Father, Who is in heaven, give good things to them that ask Him. -­Ibid. vii. 11.

For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth. -Ibid. vii. 8.

If you shall ask Me anything in My name, that will I do. -John xiv. 14.

You shall ask whatever you will, and it shall be done unto you. -John xv. 7.

Amen, Amen, I say to you, if you ask the Father anything in My name, He will give it you. -­Ibid. xvi. 23.

I can do all things in Him Who strength­eneth me. -Phil. iv. 13.

The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him; to all that call upon Him in truth. He will do the will of them that fear Him, and He will hear their prayer and save them. -Ps. cxliv. 18, 19.

By prayer is obtained the possession of every good, and de­liverance from every evil. -St. Bonaventure.

_________

From "Prayer-Book for Religious"
by Rev. F.X. Lasance
Copyright 1904, 1914

No comments: