Monday, July 31, 2006

Mental Prayer, Monthly Check-Up for August-On Summertime

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Lord, give me light to see clearly how I have lived as a Catholic so far this summer, and give me the strength to improve where it is needed.

The Idea: When summer arrived, if I was any kind of faithful Catholic at all, I had great plans for the season. I was determined to continue living my faith even more completely. I was going to be very exact in performing aU my personal daily spiritual duties. I was going to do some apostolic work. I was going to end up the summer a better Catholic than when I began. How have things gone?

My Personal Application: An honest check of my conduct will tell me quickly how I've done. If I have done well, I should give thanks to God and keep up the good work. If not, the only thing for me to do is to make up for the ground I have lost. The important thing is: what am I going to do for the future? I still have a month left before the hustle and bustle of school starts and preparations begin for fall. I can go a long way in this month to make up for what I haven't done so far.

I Speak to God: Lord, once you said that a man who puts his hand to a plow shouldn't look back. By that you meant that the future is more impor­tant than the past, for the future is still in our power. In the future we can correct the mistakes of the past. No matter what the past has been, the future can be good. Give me your grace to make the future of my life what you want it to be.

Thought for Today: Now I begin anew.
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: