Friday, August 04, 2006

Mental Prayer for the First Saturday of August

Fifth Sorrowful Mystery (The Crucifixion)
Confidence in Our Lady's Intercession


Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Confidence that my Mother will help me.

Mental Picture (d. John I9: 25-27): See Jesus hanging on the cross - writhing, twisting with pain. At the foot of the cross, Mary - gazing up, helpless, grief-stricken - and St. John - arm around Mary, helping support her. Over the din of the mob, "Mother, behold your son." A few short moments and the body is motionless. Mary looks into the face of John and sees in him her children, mankind saved by Christ. They must take His place; He no longer needs her.

My Personal Application: What an exchange, me for Christ! Poor Mother Mary. But what a grace for me! The Mother of God is my Mother! The most perfect Mother of all... looking out for me... caring for me... and still the Mother of Jesus. Look at what she has done for Christ. Could He refuse her anything? My Mother wants only the best for me and she can get the best from Christ. Do I go to my Mother as I should? Do I look for her care, do I ask her assistance? She loves me, her Son loves her, her Son is God; can she not get anything for me that will help me to her Son?

I Speak to God: Dear Lord, thank you for such a Mother. O Mother, I need you so much. Help me to remember to run to you when I am in need. I know you will get the help for me if only I will ask: "Remember, O Most loving Virgin Mary, never was it known..."

Thought for Today: My Mother, I place my trust in you.
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: