Sunday, April 27, 2008

Just for Today, April 28

He is gone before thee carrying His cross; and He died for thee upon the cross, that thou mayest also bear thy cross, and love to die on the cross. Because if thou die with Him, thou shalt also live with Him; and if thou art His companion in suffering, thou shalt also partake in His glory.

-Bk. II, ch. xii.
_______________

I do not know when my exile will end. I may yet sing the mercies of the Lord for many an evening, but even so, my last evening must come....My desire is to die of love, as Jesus died, upon the cross.

-Esprit de Sainte Therese.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: