Thursday, May 01, 2008

Just for Today, May 2

If anyone, being once or twice admonished, does not comply, contend not with him, but commit all to God, that His will may be done and that He may be honoured in all His servants, who knows how to convert evil into good.

-Bk. I, ch. xvi.
________________

Our Lord has given me the grace not to shrink from waging a just war; whatever happens I must do my duty. I take refuge, then, in prayer, and turn to Mary, and Our Lord always triumphs. My strength lies in prayer and sacrifice; they are invincible weapons, and touch hearts more surely than words can do, as I have learnt by experience.

-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: