Friday, May 02, 2008

Just for Today, May 3

In the cross is infusion of heavenly sweetness; in the cross is strength of mind; in the cross is joy of spirit.

-Bk. II, ch. xii.
_______________

One of the Community, who doubted her patience, went to see her one day, and noticing her very sweet expression asked the reason.

"It is because I am in great pain," answered the heroic invalid, "I have always tried to welcome suffering lovingly."

Another time she admitted: "When I am in pain, or have to endure unpleasant things, instead of looking sad, I try to smile. In the beginning I was not always successful, but now I am happy to have formed the habit."

-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: