Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann's column from May 24

My May 9 column, making public my request to Gov. Kathleen Sebelius not to present herself for reception of holy Communion until she had sought to repair the public scandal of her long-standing support for legalized abortion, not surprisingly has initiated quite a bit of discussion in secular newspapers, local talk radio shows and coffee-break conversations....

In this column, I want to provide you with my responses to some of the more common questions and misunderstandings regarding my pastoral action. I hope this is helpful for your own personal understanding....
Archbishop Naumann then proceeds with a long series of questions and answers, which are well worth reading as they help to clarify his position and that of the Church regarding such a grave matter.


No comments: