Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Just for Today May 28

Moses always had recourse to the tabernacle, for the deciding of all doubts and questions; and fled to the help of prayer, against the dangers and wickedness of men. So must thou in like manner fly to the closet of thy heart, and there must earnestly implore the divine assistance.

-Bk. III, ch. xxxviii.

The novices, finding that she guessed their inmost thoughts, expressed their surprise. "I will tell you my secret," she said, "before correcting you, I always ask Our Lady to inspire me to say what will be most helpful, and I myself am often astonished at what I teach you. I feel quite sure that I am not mistaken in thinking that Our Lord speaks to you by my mouth."

-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme).
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: