Monday, June 28, 2004

Our only faithful priest is being transferred.

We received a call over the weekend from our associate pastor, Fr. Greg Klump, that he is being transferred to another parish. This was a bittersweet revelation for us who know and respect him. He is the only priest (of the three assigned to our parish) who celebrates Holy Mass absent liturgical abuses and who also delivers a decent and meaningful homily.

I was somewhat surprised as I have been reading the announced transfers in the St. Louis Review and did not see our priest listed among those being moved. He told me it would be listed next week. The parish of St. Francis Borgia will be getting a good priest. I ask your prayers for him and both parishes. He will be missed very much. I hope his replacement is as faithful to the Church as Fr. Klump is.


No comments: