Thursday, July 01, 2004

A bit fuzzy, you say?

Here was another letter to editor from, I presume, a professed Catholic.
Saving lives

After 50 some years, I admit my catechism lessons have gotten a bit fuzzy. However, I think I recall that Jesus was a loving, caring God who urged us to help each other. That would include fellow adults and children who suffer or die from muscle diseases, cancers, diabetes, paralysis, Parkinson's disease and such.

But after reading Kevin Horrigan's Sunday column, "How gray thou art," I'm not only thinking that Archbishop Burke inserts religion into politics, I'm wondering whose church he represents and why he thinks he's smarter than God.

Terry Mulligan
St. Louis
Fifty years and still clueless regarding the fundamentals of the faith. Apparently, for some individuals, columnist Kevin Horrigan can clear up the little gray fuzzies for a number of "Catholics", even more than those charged with teaching the faith?

My advice: Go buy a Catechism and read it, spend some time before our Lord in the tabernacle, pray for an increase of grace to enlighten the mind. Pay close attention to what Archbishop Burke says - he duty is to help all of us under his care to attain heaven.

No comments: