Monday, October 25, 2004

Kerry says social justice would guide presidency

I really cannot believe what I read or what I saw. The man who professes to be Catholic yet promises to support the violent murder of millions of unborn children has the nerve to say:
"The ethical test of a good society is how it treats its most vulnerable members," he said, arguing that the government has an obligation to protect the environment, fight AIDS, reduce poverty and defeat terrorism.

"I love my church, I respect the bishops, but I respectfully disagree," Mr. Kerry said, to one of the wildest ovations of the speech.

"My task, as I see it ... is not to write every doctrine into law. That is not possible or right in a pluralistic society," he said. "But my faith does give me values to live by and apply to the decisions I make."
Article here.

No comments: