Friday, April 14, 2006

When teaching on Real Presence is clear, the young respond

Bishop Vasa's latest:
. . .It is not at all surprising when the teaching on the Real Presence is clear and when expectations are likewise clear, that our young people respond better than even they think they can.
. . .
It is in the Lord’s Presence that we can hear the simultaneous words of both Jesus and Mary. One says, “Come to me all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.” The other simply says, “Do whatever He tells you!” I trust that the Lord is also saying, “Go out into the whole world (or least to the various parishes of the diocese) and proclaim the Good News.”
More here.

No comments: