Friday, June 30, 2006

Mental Prayer for June 30 - Generosity

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: To imitate Christ's generous spirit.

Mental Picture: I remember what He said the night before...sitting at the Last Supper... His telling us that He and His Father loved us... then how He gave us His own Body and Blood... and then His words that the greatest love a man can have is the laying down of his own life for a friend. All through His life in a most generous way He showed His love for His neighbor, for me, by word and deed. Now I look up at Him... His hands can no longer heal the sick... His feet can no longer journey after the lost sheep... for they are nailed to the cross. But He can still show His greatest love: in His most generous giving of Himself, He lays down His life for me.

My Personal Application: That God could love me - and all men - so much! Real love must manifest itself in deeds. If my love of Christ is to mean anything, it must mean that I keep His commandments - above all, His great new commandment to love all men... to spend myself generously in helping them... offering my time and energy in whatever way is available to me.

I Speak to Christ: My Lord, you have loved me and have given yourself up for me. I want to love you generously.

Thought for Today: "Greater love than this...."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: