Monday, August 14, 2006

Mental Prayer for August 15-Mary's Assumption

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: To be happy today because Mary is happy.

The Idea: Everyone has had the experience of seeing someone singled out for a special honor and thinking, "Well, if anyone deserves it, he does." And we feel happy just to see such a deserving person get a reward; the more deserving he is, the happier we are. If we feel this way for another ordinary human being, how much happier should we feel at seeing the Mother of God receive a fitting reward for her work in the Redemption. For we can easily forget that Mary had much sorrow and uncertainty as well as much happiness in her life. But God repaid her a hundred-fold by assuming her, body and soul, into heaven.

My Personal Application: I should be happy just because Mary is happy. But I should also be happy because Mary is the symbol of my destiny. Just as she is now bodily in heaven, forever completely happy, so some day I shall be in heaven to be completely happy forever.

I Speak to Mary: Mary, help me be happy with you. Help me see that for a Christian there is glory after the cross, happiness after tears.

Thought for Today: "Blessed be her glorious Assumption."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: