Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mental Prayer for August 18-Christ Blesses the Children

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: I ask the grace to realize the friend­liness, approachability of Christ.

Mental Picture (cf. Mark 10:13-16) : See the chil­dren being brought to Christ that He might bless them. Hear the disciples rebuke the parents for bothering Christ. Listen to Jesus saying: "Let the children come to me and do not hinder them." See Christ as He puts His arms about the children and His hands upon them, blessing them.

My Personal Application: The same Christ who sat on that hill in Judea many years ago - so friendly, so approachable, so eager to have these children come to Him - is today truly and really present in the tabernacle of every Catholic church and chapel. There He remains day and night. Why? He waits for me, to talk with me, to be a friend of mine, to hear of my troubles, problems, failures, successes, joys. He waits there to help me, to listen to me, to talk to me.

I Speak to Christ: Christ Jesus, I believe that you are truly and really present in the tabernacle. Help my belief to be more active and more firm. You love me more than anyone else in the whole world. You want to help me, to talk to me, to listen to me. And you are my God, all-powerful. Lord, I promise to come to you, to accept your friendship and help. Help me to do this.

Thought for Today: "Let them come to me."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: