Monday, September 25, 2006

Mental Prayer for September 26-Praying Always

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: Almighty God, teach me to pray always.

The Idea: When we get to heaven, we'll know, love, be interested in, and talk to God and His saints forever. That is really praying. So in heaven we'll be praying always and enjoying it immensely.

But there is something seemingly impossible: even here on earth we can almost do the same - ­pray always. How? First of all, the obvious times of Mass, mental prayer, Rosary, etc. But also the rest of the day. In all circumstances: dances, games, classes, blue Mondays. It isn't as hard as it sounds: He is really with us always. I can tell Him that I wish to do my best to serve Him in all I do. I can be interested in what He's interested in: helping others, saving souls. I can remind Him of His plans for me, ask help in all I do. I can tell Him about the good time I hope I to have at a get-together, at a game; offer Him the little trials of disappointments during the day... God is present always. I can find Him in anything, anywhere, any time. I can atways pray.

My Personal Application: Have I taken advantage of this opportunity? Let me go back and think it over honestly now before God.

I Speak to God: Almighty God, everywhere and always present, how can I go on wasting this chance? There is so much to talk to you about, to ask about, to learn about you. I have so many things to thank you for and to love you for. What an enriched life I can have by praying always.

Thought for Today: "Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all for the glory of God!" (St. Paul)
__________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: