Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Truth a Casualty in Missouri's Amendment 2

I will not belabor the obvious. In the 46 years I have watched and/or been a part of politics, never have I seen an election cycle in which truth was so quickly and thoroughly the first casualty. I do not mean by this something we have written about a dozen times: the pretence by pro-abortionists to be concerned about abortion.

I'm referring to one of the cleverest and utterly ruthless campaigns of disinformation you could ever image. By this I mean, of course, Missouri's Amendment 2 that would inscribe the right to clone human beings into the state Constitution.

The unconscionable, "of-course-we're-not-doing-that" insistence is almost breathtaking in its insincerity and disingenuousness. Fortunately, some national columnists are paying closer and closer attention. One of those is the Chicago Sun-Times' Robert Novak.
at National Right to Life here

No comments: