Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mental Prayer for December 29, My Christmas Gift to Christ

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To give our Lord the best Christmas gift I can.

Mental Picture: The Infant Jesus in Mary's arms. This baby is my King. This baby, this King, God Himself, is God's Christmas gift to me.

My Personal Application: What gift can I give to my infant King in return? The greatest of all gifts, the most dear to Him, is myself. Yes, my­self! For me He became man; can I not give a complete return to Him?

This is not a promise to become a religious or a priest or to give away everything I have or will have! It is giving myself, in whatever state of life I may be, to Christ, with no questions asked. It is living a good life - like His - for Him. I must keep His commandments, practice His vir­tues, love and serve His Church.

I Speak to Christ: In my own words: Not about promises but about my own gift of self to Him­ who gave Himself completely to me.

Thought for Today: "My son, give me your heart."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: