Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Mental Prayer for December 6, The Cause of Christ

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To wake up to what is really going on in the world around me; and to desire to play my part in it.

The Idea: Yesterday's character test was only a preparation. Today let us look at reality!

Yesterday's story is working out in the world today. Not only my own country, but the entire world, is largely in slavery. Not only slavery to Communism - that's part of it - but in slavery to sin, to the devil. Men are in slavery to their own flesh, to their craving for the things of this world; men are slaves of fear, of ignorance, slaves of injustice and cruelty from other men.

God made this world as a way to heaven; and for many, many people it has become a greased chute to hell! I know what hell is and how awful it is that anyone should go there. Christ knows that, too. And that is why Christ today is leading a war for freedom, a great campaign against all the powers of evil - against sin - injustice, immoral­ity; against everything that can corrupt men's souls and turn them from God.

The world is an invisible battleground where a great war is going on constantly. The prizes in that war are the souls of men. This fight of Christ's to save all men is the most important thing going on in the world today.

My Personal Application: How is the battle work­ing out in my own life? What am I doing to help the cause along - in myself? in others?

I Speak to Christ: Dear Christ, help me to appre­ciate the reality and importance of this great war for the liberation of the souls of men. Please show me how I can help, and give me the strength and courage to take my proper place in the fight.

Thought for Today: "The life of man upon earth is a warfare."
_________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: