Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Archbishop Burke's Vision For The Future

From our local Fox station:

In Good Faith: Archbishop Burke's Vision For The Future
By Dan Gray

(KTVI-myFOXstl.com) -- Seeing the Archbishop greet parishioners after a Sunday mass at the St. Louis Cathedral Basilica, he comes across as a friendly man with a great smile. At every event he stays until every person who wants to meet him has a chance to do so. He speaks with a soft voice but at times he carries the church's hard line.
"First of all as Archbishop, I have to be concerned about the whole flock whether they like me or not or whether they like what I'm doing or not, so that's the number one thing. I never deliberately intentionally alienate anyone and I don't write anybody off," Burke said...

"In the world in which we live some people don't accept everything the church teaches and I'm sorry about that, some Catholics don’t and I'm sorry about that. I have to try and help them understand but my point is I need to keep teaching the faith..."

"...The Catholic identity is very much in danger. Why? Because we live in a culture that's completely secularized. A kind of relativism, a kind of hedonism, materialism and so forth, these kinds of tendencies of our culture, for us we have to resist them. My vision for the Archdiocese, I’ve always used the words, the new evangelization to lead the faithful of the Archdiocese to live their Catholic faith with a new enthusiasm and a new energy that will make a difference in our world."

Something worth noting, as Archbishop Burke tells us, is that Kenrick-Glennon seminary has seen a 50 percent increase in the number of seminarians since last Spring (112 this fall). God is so very generous when his children practice and live a fervent prayer life and are faithful to Christ and His Church.

More here with video.

No comments: